nature is rad
There is an entire universe that exists solely in your mind that is impossible to completely share with another person. You are a god onto yourself as beautiful and cruel as you wish to be. That is the realest shit ever.
Alina Cojocaru & Roberto Bolle Romeo and Juliet
whenever somebody says like “so what did you do today?” just look off into the distance and say “the right thing”
Historic Black and White Pictures Restored in Color
- Women Delivering Ice, 1918
- Times Square, 1947
- Portrait Used to Design the Penny. President Lincoln Meets General McClellan – Antietam, Maryland ca September 1862
- Marilyn Monroe, 1957
- Newspaper boy Ned Parfett sells copies of the evening paper bearing news of Titanic’s sinking the night before. (April 16, 1912)
- Easter Eggs for Hitler, c 1944-1945
- Sergeant George Camblair practicing with a gas mask in a smokescreen – Fort Belvoir, Virginia, 1942
- Helen Keller meeting Charlie Chaplin in 1919
- Painting WWII Propaganda Posters, Port Washington, New York – 8 July 1942
- Construction of the Golden Gate Bridge ca 1935
This is awesome.
Not something I’d typically reblog but I like.
"Afternoon Tea for Three" (also known as "A Stirring Conversation") (detail) by Charles Soulacroix (1825-1879).
endless list of favourite characters: ned the piemaker
"I bake pies and wake the dead; I lead a very sheltered life."
The Rose de Jéricho (Anastatica hierochuntica) is a species of desert moss that has the amazing ability to ‘resurrect’ itself after bouts of extreme dehydration lasting months or even years. After just a few hours of exposure to moisture the plants burst to life, uncurling from a tight ball of dry leaves to a green flower-like shape. Videographer Sean Steininger shot this timelapse of several plants as he exposed them to water.
Watch the video:
A time lapse of a Rose of Jericho . After being exposed to water, the plant turns from a dried tumbleweed to a green fern over the course of several hour.